Saturday, August 11, 2018

New Chapter!

Buoyant mood!
Just had my sight restored, albeit temporarily. My Macular Degeneration had me not able to see well enough to drive for over a year. The loss of freedom was devastating. Turned out there were huge cataracts compounding the vision loss. Bilateral cataract surgery now has me at 20/20 without the coke-bottle glasses I've worn since I was 5. Still need readers for anything closer than 4 feet, but DAMN!
This should last a couple of years, the doc thinks, til the MD advances more. And no, it's the dry kind of MD they can't do anything for. But maybe within 2 years they'll find something?

AND, at risk of imparting TMI, am set to have my bladder integrity restored later this month through a minor surgical correction.

LOOK OUT WORLD! A liberal-atheist-continent-sighted-elderly woman is about to debark!

No comments:

Post a Comment