Thursday, October 29, 2009

Well crap...

SIL called from somewhere in Texas. They had a blowout on the fifth wheel (big new Montana) and will be delayed as OTHER tires are bad and they're waiting on replacements. She said they're discouraged enough now to sell the whole rig and get a used Class C. Seems they just got their fifth wheel back after a lengthy stay in the shop for electrical repairs, and the result was unsatisfactory. Now this.

Yes, an RV can nickel and dime you to death. I know people that live in Class Cs, really close quarters for fulltimers. (Hah! Nickel, dime, quarter all in the same sentence!) And my recommendation IS: you park it til the funds are there to go on. (Unless your SIL is waiting for you to relieve her so she can go to Mexico.) I seem to remember a time or two I felt like going back to a sticks-n-bricks, but it passes. We were parked in a friend's driveway in California for a month once after the wind knocked over our satellite dishes and broke'em. Fixed incomes make it hard to finesse spendy repairs. I feel so bad for my SIL, I know how much they love their lifestyle and their beautiful rig.

Raining again. Got Windows 7 and everything's alien-looking. I made tacos last night and have heartburn today.  Have begun churning out felted Amulet/Stash bags for my Etsy Shop: they're VERY cool.

Actually, having uneasy worried feelings about a lot of people: an ex-BIL having kidney problems, ex-SIL with liver problems, DH's brother driving a big rig OTR again at 60 years old and with heart problems, my MIL quit progressing in her rehab, my ex-spouse can barely walk but smiles through it for his grandbabies, my DIL wears her heart on her Facebook page and gets slammed for it, my son has the weight of the world on his shoulders, trying to get through grad school without imploding.

GLOSSARY (from the RV.Net forum)

DH:  Dear Husband
BIL:  Brother-in-law
SIL:  Sister-in-law
MIL:  Mother-in-law
DIL:  Daughter-in-law
Sticks-n-bricks:  Regular house, yard, etc.
Class C:




No comments:

Post a Comment