Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well, Crap...

Thursday, September 23, 2010.
It's been 4 days since I ruined my thumb on the cat food can lid. Sutures are due to come out in 4 more days. I have nerve damage and zero gripping strength. The other 4 fingers are fine, and the thumb WANTS to help but fails, just sort of flops around. They covered my shifts at work, so I could just lay around and discover all the things I can't do without my left hand:

My normal hairdo is a mess of spiked clumps (because nobody can tell if it's intentional or not), requires a styling product named "Got2BGlued". Requires 2 hands to smear it in and spike it.

Crocheting is out.

Lighting the stove in our RV. Need two thumbs to work the lighter thing AND turn the stove knob.

Socks. Bra hooks. Flossing. Panties. Jeans! The button-zipper-thing. Opening potato chip bags. Opening anything.

Sorry. I've been wallowing in my own pity party for 4 days. Also, recently have had something go awry with my right eye, presumably optic nerve damage from my Ramsay-Hunt-Syndrome. Went to eye doctor and my new prescription glasses are due in Friday. Sure hope it helps, I have problems reading, watching TV, and driving, all of which necessitate closing my right eye. I now qualify for Handicap parking, though...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Barb :(. I wish I were there to help you and keep your spirits up. The drive to Mexico's long enough without having to close one eye the whole way!!

    ReplyDelete