Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We are SELF-CONTAINED!

But MAN, we're crowded in here now!

Stopped to pick up a bed frame at IKEA on the way home from the airport. Ron assembled it quite handily, and while only pine, seems very well made.

Monday I drove back to Hermosillo alone while Ron rearranged furniture. I'd seen pillowtop mattresses at both WalMart and Sam's Club for 1490 pesos ($112), and we decided to just put plywood under it. I did get lost in Hermo for a while, because my detour had a detour, and nothing looked familiar. Finally found WalMart, bought the mattress, stopped on the way home at LaRumba (GREAT hardware store in Miguel Aleman) for the plywood. Bed assembled, made, slept on, perfect. Here's how the furniture's been arranged FOR NOW. I'm dissatisfied with the crowdedness of it, it may change.

Double bed in corner, with Jack Sparrow watching me...

Screen divider

Futon at an angle for traffic flow


Not much traffic flow...

Baskets for clothes, walking stick for hanging stuff, laundry basket beneath



So no more wild dance parties inside the casita, it's too crowded. We shut off the AC in the fifth wheel and it's just sitting there, clean, ready for guests...

And here are a few more photos from Minnesota I forgot were in the camera.

Jon taking the kids to Montessori. Yes, Dylan has a mohawk...

They're holding hands!!!

Nora got the sunglasses at Savers thrift store.

Eli and Ruby after school

Caprice's yard. Biggest hostas I ever saw.
And that's all I know.

2 comments: