Saturday, October 15, 2011

Move over, Rodin!

Now I'm a sculpter!
I've had a couple of blocks of Sculpey for years. It's a polymer clay that stays soft until you bake it. They look like they could be porcelain. It's way fun, but I wish I had a better imagination. I did a search on Etsy to get ideas, and then started playing with my clay. It felt like pre-school, or kindergarten! Course, there was alcohol involved...

Calla Lily Earrings


White Rose Earrings, gold hooks
White Rose Necklace
White Rose Earrings, sterling


And here's that cat I finally finished. Now it's not Rocky anymore, it's a Jaguar.


Depending on how thick the piece is, I "cook'em" in the convection oven for an hour or so, WITHOUT heating up the casita. And yes, if you forget they're in there, they turn brown...


So Sculpey Clay got added to my list for the next Tucson trip. And can my Kino Amigas guess what they're getting for birthday gifts this winter?

2 comments: