Thursday, October 4, 2012

Alone again, but OK!

I've had a really great summer all in all. My friend Delfie was parked in her motor home 50 feet away from me, and we spent the summer (after I got off work) eating, drinking, dissecting life, and laughing until the tears ran. I gained some weight back, because she cooked for me. She's truly family to me, and I love her dearly. But they left yesterday, time to go south. They'll be in Kino all winter, but plan on coming back here in the spring. I'll have her on Skype.

Me, Delfie, Jose, and Teriyaki Elk Chops!
Ron comes up to visit sometimes, had to buy screening for the casita porch. Here he is at the grill. Yes, it's mounted on the outside of the deck.


It was intended he take Rocky home to Kino for the winter. He had all his stuff packed, bought a winter's worth of those expensive tiny cans of Fancy Feast. Then the night before he left, Rocky suddenly crawled in my lap and was actually SNUGGLING against my neck and licking me. Normally that cat doesn't like me, but it was like he KNEW I'd be too lonely. I changed my mind. He's here for now.



After Delfie left yesterday, I tried to keep busy to lessen my sadness. I had bought a couple of coleus plants for the deck, and over the summer they got humungous. I want to try to keep them alive this winter, but had to move furniture to accommodate them inside. Ron brought our big trunk home from Minnesota this summer when he cleaned out our storage unit there, and it serves perfectly for those plants.




So here's the way it all looks now. Sorta crowded...






My oil lamps, now with crystal petticoats!




And I still have Buddha, sporting a tiara and binoculars...

During and after I finished moving furniture, I also did 3 loads of laundry, made another batch of Bailey's, made Elk Chili, watched a bunch of stuff saved on the TiVo, and had a bubble bath. I'm off today also, and plan to go to the Segundas. Maybe haul out the holiday decorations and see what's needed.

And let my cat know how much he's appreciated.







No comments:

Post a Comment