Sunday, October 20, 2013

This is what it's all about!

Beginning to get used to this retired thing. A few days a week I don't even shower or get dressed. Eat when I'm hungry. TiVo everything and watch them when I want. (I hate that zombie commercial from Sprint that airs 50 times a day.) Beachcomb for treasures on my ATV: found a hand-made slingshot yesterday! And am happily, almost giddily anticipating the arrival of some of my friends this week!

I've kept sort of busy stressing over the responsibility of watering plants for my neighbors. I actually have a brown thumb, no clue whatsoever what plants need, so was thrilled when Al and Sal arrived yesterday, gardeners extraordinaire.

The football season affords me ample crafting time. I go over to the trailer (Craft Central) and create. Made curtains for three trailer windows out of a khaki twin bedsheet. Lots of photos, you can click on them to enlarge for details...



Plus I've been churning out these Jellyfish, made from Sea Urchins.They'll sell at the local craft fairs.


Also have been rearranging furniture. Sold the small futon to Ann G., and decided I wanted the large wicker one in my screen porch. We use that porch a lot because the weather has turned BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT!
Also moved my best finds in years to the porch: two orange wrought iron rocking chairs. Had seen them in a yard in Old Kino, and kept going back there til I found someone home to sell them to me. 300 pesos for both! They're getting a fresh coat of Rustoleum Orange paint when Jan arrives tomorrow with the paint!




The table and chairs were moved out to the RV pad. Eventually there'll be a palm-thatched cover over that and the trailer.

And my new red quilt arrived, looks good in my red and turquoise bedroom.


I love my new casita living room with my Show Low furniture in it. Spend a lot of time moving shit around. Still awfully crowded.



That's not a stain on the carpet, just the nap askew. Have removed the hand-painted "awning" that was over the sofa, hope to put it up over the desk if the hay bale walls will hold it.

Have been attending the Friday night Happy Hours at Club Deportivo, but they're quite a snooze so far. Should improve after some of our neighbors arrive.

Loving life here. My cat Luther follows me around like a shadow, loves going with me on my plant-watering rounds. The dog Sofia discovered she's better off on the sofa at night with TWO people in the bed, which is great because she has ticks. Am using Cedar Oil in the casita and on her, seems to help. Plus Frontline and a flea/tick collar.  Going out on the boat with Ron in the morning, my first time. Will apply a Scopolamine patch tonight to prevent seasickness, supposed to be calm tomorrow. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. Barb, you have such a knack for decorating. Your place looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete