Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fixing to leave

It's been determined that I have to return a tad earlier this year, April 19th. I'm retired except I still work summers (two more) and they terminate me every year and rehire the next spring: with orientation classes mandatory. I've been working for them so long, I'm actually IN a couple of the mandatory compliance videos that orientees have to watch.

So we leave April 9. It'll be different this year, because the RV's not coming back here again. We only sleep in it at night, rarely even go in there otherwise. There'll be an addition built onto the casita by the end of summer, with bedroom and full bathroom, so I only need to take the stuff I'll need this summer in Minnesota. We have a GARAGE now to store the rest!

Today is St. Patrick's Day, with corned beef and cabbage being served tonight at the RV Park. We have to bring a dessert: I made shortcake with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.

Ron's building a leveled driveway to the garage, with a backfilled rock wall on the low edge. He picks up rocks every time we go anywhere. Yesterday he came home and said "Oops! The boulder I got isn't in the bed of the truck anymore". Picturing it in the middle of the road, he backtracked to make sure, but met neighbor Jack, who said he moved it.

Ron will be returning here sometime this summer to build the addition, so that makes "packing for Minnesota" a little trickier. Who gets the vacuum? I really don't want to buy a second one. I do have enough kitchen stuff to ensure he doesn't starve, but we'll have to buy another vehicle, TV, satellite dish, and laptop. Neither of us can do without those for more than a couple of weeks.

So I'm making lists. What to pack, what to leave, what to buy. New stuff occurs to me every few minutes. Camera! There are grandkids to photograph in Minnesota, and casita-progress here. Oh, dear...

So I've been taking some "last pictures" to sustain me. This is our house and front yard. I'm hanging this in my RV.



This is my garden, with Ella's grave in the back and our fire pit on the right. The aloes are almost done blooming.

And here is Ron's latest catch. These are California golden bass, averaging 5 pounds each.

And one last close-up of the casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment