Thursday, March 4, 2010

Repairs, Flood, and Grandbaby photos!

One morning last week, I'm crossing the space between the RV and the casita carrying the cat at 4AM. (If you don't carry him, he runs off in the dark where there might be coyotes. Don't want him to hurt the coyotes.) I hear water running, and as I step up onto the deck, it's wet. Sure as shit, when I unlock the door, water comes pouring out, like a cartoon. Thinking I'm about to be electrocuted, I go shut off the water and go inside. The top of the new water heater blew it's valve off. It had been installed Mexican-style, plastic parts, lots of glue, etc. So I went back over and woke up Ron, and together we muscle one of the 3 carpets outside. The other two get the shop vac treatment first, then get muscled outside. Those suckers are very, very heavy when soaked. This was the day the RV windows were going to be replaced, and the van-ful of skilled workers arrived shortly after. When they decided the windows had to come out and go to the village to be fixed, he also offered to get the parts required to fix the water heater! What a guy! So we spent the time while they were gone mopping up. When they came back, the windows were installed in 5 minutes, and the heater fixed 10 minutes later. Then I fed them all: fried sea-bass, frijoles, papas, and steamed broccoli. So my carpets are cleaner, my windows are intact, my water heater is installed properly, and the whole thing only cost $137.00 plus food. I love this country!

Two of the carpets were dry by the next evening. The other one is still outside, because it smelled of kitchen/dogs/who knows and I had to go buy carpet cleaner in Hermosillo. That one will get cleaned tomorrow.

And just today I finally got photos from Nora and Dylan's joint birthday party in January. I've been quite a pain with my prodding and begging (they misplaced the cable for the camera) but they're here:

(Yes, it's Photoshopped.) I can't believe they're TOUCHING each other. They usually are screaming "Don't touch me!"

 
These are the scrubs I had made by a craftsperson on the Etsy website.


And our Fairy Princess in her Etsy Tutu
Miss Nora at 2 years old. In her cage.
















I miss those faces SO much. We're leaving here April 15. Should be warm enough to live in an RV in Minnesota by then, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment