Thursday, January 27, 2011

Too Much Time On My Hands?

I was just accused of this, but I'll let you be the judge:





Yes, I crocheted a sweater for a friend's guinea pig. Big deal. But as it turns out, I may have found my niche, because nobody else is making them. At least not on Etsy (website for selling handmade stuff.) I did find a couple more by googling, but only the pattern to make it is for sale, not actual sweaters. So I listed it as a custom item. Barbiloulou's Shop Stay tuned.

I really don't have trouble filling my day. I might if I cared to clean more, do more good deeds, or cook for pot lucks. But I don't, and the days go too fast anyway.

Recently, I exposed The Secret to being happily retired in Mexico: One Task Per Day, Maximum. Already today, I did the dishes, washed and hung out 2 loads of laundry, and scrubbed out a rancid beer cooler that may have had forgotten bait in it. That's at least two days worth, right there. Plus I'm dressed! True, I left off the bra (hate'em, need'em but hate'em). Jammies are the norm unless I have a function to attend. And it's almost 2PM. Soon it's time for Phil and Oprah, then I'm grilling bass for dinner. Whew!

4 comments:

  1. Love the sweater, that is too funny. I think you have found a new market for sweaters lol.
    Too much work for 1 day for sure, be sure and take it easy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbilou, that was far too much work for one day. What will the neighbours think?!

    I checked out your Etsy shop. I love the furry slippers. Too cute.

    I just noticed that you added me to your blog list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have a pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, sadly. I made it up as I went along, complete with fittings on the recipient. Tried to reproduce it for a customer, but her guinea pig was humongous and I couldn't get the leg holes where they were supposed to go. Had to refund her money. Thanks, though, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete