Friday, August 12, 2011

Home again!

Back in sunny (hot, sweltering, miserably humid, melting) Kino Bay for a few days. I brought down an air conditioner for the casita. Turns out those thick walls are great for keeping the cold OUT, not so much in! It took 3 days to bring the inside temperature down to 71.
Here's a photo, with an impromptu curtain covering the bottom of the window:
Our fifth wheel is simply a large, efficient oven, and it's air conditioner cannot cope with this heat. Even running 24/7 (which it doesn't:  the circuit blows every 15 minutes when it's over 95 outside) the inside doesn't get below 90.

It's great to be home, though. The desert/ocean smells SO good. I go beachcombing in the mornings before it hits 90, then spend afternoons in the AC cleaning up what my husband didn't during the last 3 months. He didn't eat any of the food I left for him, and didn't throw it out, either. When I cleaned out the fridge, I had 4 large trash bags we had to haul to town. Yes, he's very thin...

My new favorite thing is cruising around on this:
Can't you just see me on it, going to Ladies Who Lunch and loading up that basket with coyote skulls and turtle shells?

1 comment:

  1. Boys! What are we gonna do with them! You're taking him back with you, right? Now you've gotta fatten him back up again.

    That sure looks like a fun way to get around! What a blast! Hang in there, it'll be cooling off before we know it!

    Grace (in Tucson)

    ReplyDelete