Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Retirement Looms!

Six more shifts to work, then I'm done forever. We leave Show Low Sunday September 4, straight home to Kino (11 hour drive). We'll only be home 4 days, because Ron has a VA intake appointment in Tucson on September 9. He's switching from Minneapolis VA to Tucson. We'll stay overnight there or in Phoenix, then fly out of Phoenix on the 10th for a week in Minnesota. Then back home for good!

Beach.
My roof at sunrise.
ATV rides.
Ladies Who Lunch.
Beach.
Hermosillo shopping trips.
SEGUNDA shopping trips!
Beach.
Shrimp.
Happy Hours.
Did I mention my beach?

I found these in my camera, forgotten photos. A moonset in Kino, taken at dawn the week I drove down to pick up Ron and the cat.



The flamingoes I added to Ron's cacti-pottery-shard border around the RV pad. They were a dollar at the dollar store in Show Low! What a bargain, huh!


I couldn't believe how much my baby Jumping Cholla Cactus had grown! These were just little balls that grabbed my pants leg one day, and I stuck'em in the ground.


And here's the ugly stick and wire bunny fence Ron made around the giant ocotillo. Those jackrabbits tried to eat their way through our property this summer, Ron said.


So I'm just waiting it out, comfortably in the AC in Show Low. They certainly do have nice weather here, though it rains every afternoon. Highs upper 80s, upper 50s overnight. Having swapped my foster cat Fig for my own mean, lazy bastard Rocky, there's much less cat-entertainment here. Rocky hasn't even wanted to go out much, seems content to sleeep in the air conditioning.


Today's my day off, Ron and I are going trout fishing on The Rez. He doesn't want to buy a non-resident Arizona fishing license, and the Apaches only charge $6 a day to fish. He brought the fly rods. I have my WalMart Zebco combo I bought on my arrival here. Hopefully, we'll catch a few before the rain starts...

2 comments:

  1. Only six more shifts? omg. I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to be so close to retirement! BTW, you may have paid too much for the flamingos LOL! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete