Monday, December 28, 2009

OK, well THAT'S over!

I dread holidays down here. They simply pale in comparison to having family around. But we have friends here, and sunshine, so I'll stop kvetching and relate the events.

The 23rd was my son's birthday at home, the night I always served lasagna and we did the family gift thing. So I was teary all day. But I "cooked " a big turkey breast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli. I say "cooked" because it turns out it was already cooked, which I didn't know because the label was in Spanish. Christmas Eve was drinks and snacks at the clubhouse. We had the gift swap thing, where you can pick a wrapped gift or steal someone else's. We scored a huge bottle of sparkling Santa Claus wine, and a pottery luminaria (candle holder). And Christmas morning Ron and I exchanged gifts: he bought me a new sink for my yet-to-be-built new bathroom, a gorgeous Mexican one. I only got him a coffee mug with Ella's photo on it: we'd already got each other the new stove and weren't supposed to spend much but he cheated.


Christmas dinner at the clubhouse was terrific! Tons-O-food, 50+ diners, and quite jolly. And they made gravy!















Then I got sick: shaking chills, fatigue, achy. Lasted til today. Better now.

So it's over and I intend to try to shake this depressed funk I've been in. There's a minus tide shortly and we're going to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment