Sunday, January 3, 2010

January Revelations...

...as opposed to resolutions? We're retired and living in paradise, I don't need to make resolutions. I DO have some new insights however, stemming from this last semi-maudlin and depressing year:

No dog means no dog hair to vacuum.
Depression causes weight loss (in me, anyway). Who knew?
Depression also creates less laundry. If you stay in your PJs for 3 days...
When depression lifts, there's only one direction: UP!
Five dozen peanut blossom cookies plus Mojitos = medication for depression.
Cacti don't like to be watered every day :-(
Mexican children laugh more than American children. Without TV or Nintendo.
Fish tacos are a perfect food.
Mexican toilet paper doesn't ever dissolve.
Super Nanny's methods really work.
Spending time in toxic situations with toxic personalities is SO liberating when it's over. If I make just one New Year's resolution, that's the one: To extricate myself from those ASAP.

So I'm better, the new year looks bright and full of contentment, and if you come here to visit, bring me a few 24 packs of Scott single-ply toilet paper.

New Year's Eve dinner at Eileen's.

Ron at Eileen's, New Year's Eve










Picture from home, my angels.
Dylan










Nora's tutu and fairy wings

No comments:

Post a Comment