Saturday, December 10, 2011

BusyBusyBusy

The Kino social season is heating up. Had to start my Google Calendar, and darn if there isn't something entered almost every single day. Mighty few jammies days. The WHR park and our Dos Palmas neighborhood is filling up. Lots of catching up, potlucks, happy hours, clamming, poker games, Ladies-Who-Lunch, and Club Deportivo events. Our park is hosting the Sunday breakfast there, and I'm assigned to chop onions today. Of the whole list of menu chores, that's the only one I probably wouldn't f#%& up.

Went to Tucson last week for Ron's first primary care appointment at the VA. Took neighbor Jack with us so he could get a visa on the way home (Hadn't had one for a couple of years). Jack is Ron's drinking partner, and that's what they did. I drove. It's been chilly nights here in Kino, but it snowed on us in Sonoita and dropped to 16 degrees in St. David AZ while we were there. Still had my Minnesota windshield scraper in the truck, though! So glad to be back home.

I'd been feeding a homeless cat, who I noticed was nursing. Four kittens showed up last week, just a few hours before we left for Tucson, so I didn't have a chance to re-home them. SO tiny, but ravenous for food and had no trouble eating dry cat food. The other day three kittens showed up without Mama: I boxed them up and they now have a new home with Jack's friend in Kino Viejo. The fourth one is still at large, and I plan to get Mama neutered.

I had to redo my shell-and-bone wreath from last year because my hula hoop broke. Now it's smaller because it's on a bike tire rim, so it's just skulls and carcasses.

Mostly coyote skulls and pelican skulls, with Seri Indian rope.

Last year's wreath, on hula hoop.


There was a full moon tonight, and an hour later there was this:



So that's what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment