Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthday Blog

Tomorrow I'll be 58, but most days I look 68, feel 88, and act 8.  I had a Ramsay-Hunt relapse this weekend and started the steroids and anti-viral regimen. Wow, those steroids create a euphoria like no other! I actually said to Ron once "I AM SO HAPPY!!!" Imagine that, this crabby, negative shrew saying that.

My girlfriends took me to the village Sunday for a Birthday Breakfast at Casa Blanca. Yes, it's a white house, gorgeous, new, great ambiance and food. Here we are:
I had to crop the shit out of it because my bellybutton was exposed by raising my arms.

That afternoon, I hung my new lighted grapes and lighted bone wreath. They're amazing:


I finished hanging them by 2 PM and then was like a 4 year old waiting for Santa: I wanted the sun to go down NOW so I could see the effect.

The wreath is a re-make from last year. It needed a new frame to keep it round (those bones and shells are heavy), hence the turquoise Hula Hoop. It's wrapped with an old Seri fiber rope, shells and bones tied on, and 3 coyote skulls hung from the bow. Then I added the lights. It's spectacular, if I do say so myself. There's a Stingray "face" with lights coming out it's eyes!


One last shot from the porch looking out to the sea, grape lights on top. That's our truck in the front yard. Ron backed it in there to unload driftwood for our planned campfire tomorrow night, and left the lights on all day. Dead battery, now sitting on the battery charger...
So I've invited the whole park to my Birthday Bonfire tomorrow night, and asked them to bring an Hors D'Oeuvre. There may be drinking...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Mom. I'm so sorry about the nerve relapse, but at least the drugs make you happy. I'll miss you on your birthday, but I know you won't miss the 30-below-zero windchill we've been having up here :) Hope you have a great birthday party tomorrow.
    Love, always,
    Jon Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath looks amazing! and your grapes look awesome!!! So glad they worked...hahaha Had a great time at your birthday breakfast. See ya at the bonfire.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete