Monday, May 9, 2011

And so it goes...

This morning, I left the hotel to do a couple of errands. Found myself near the dialysis clinic where I was supposed to go tomorrow morning for orientation, so I thought "Well! I'm going in! Introduce myself, find out where to go tomorrow and at what time."

They never heard of me. Had no plan to orient me. No staff available. No orientation classes anywhere in the city.

Then there was a gazillion phone calls: my recruiter, her manager, the clinic's education supervisor (on vacation), the Show Low manager, and HER supervisor. I was sent back to the hotel to await a plan.

I REALLY hated getting the phone call (at 3 PM) that said "Pack it up and drive to Tucson. You'll start orientation there tomorrow at 7AM."

Turns out (although it's still unclear exactly what went wrong) the education coordinator that OK'd my start date went on vacation and didn't quite communicate it properly...

So I'm in Tucson. Plain old motel, but the room has a fridge, coffeepot, microwave. I gave my frozen  pizzas to the desk manager here at the motel. Threw away 1/2 carton chocolate almond mocha ice cream.

Grrrr......

7 comments:

  1. Well, since you're in Arizona, just tell 'em your name isn't really Durham, but actually DeRamos and they'll give you a free ride back to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucson is better. It is close to the border, you could go see your husband easier on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit!! Are ya gonna be working for a bunch of tards?? Geeeeez..How awful for you. Hope everything turns out ok..
    LMAO @ Jon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently it's NOT my agency, it's the company they signed me to work the contract for. The same company I've worked for for 10 years now, so I KNEW they could be like this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief!

    The same thing happened to my husband when we moved up here. The area he was working knew he was getting transferred. We drove all the way up (3.5 hours) to check out the town, schools for our daughter, housing. The field up here had no idea of his impending arrival.

    I feel your frustration.

    ReplyDelete