Saturday, November 14, 2009

Settled In

Took a whole week to get things smoothed out. I was a Mucus Dispersal Machine for part of that, and was VERY agitated and freaking out over the No-See-Um bites. Head to toe itching sort of trumps good intentions. After a whole Medrol Dose Pak (brought in case of a Ramsay Hunt relapse) I'm all better, and the winds are picking up now, so maybe those little bastards will go away.

Finally got some photos loaded. Here's what happened when we tried to leave The Swamp in Louisiana:


 
 
 
 

And this is when finally out.


 

And here's the aftermath of trying to pass that truck on "The Road"


 

And here is my sweet baby Rocky in his favorite spot; on the golf clubs out of the sun.



But when Ella's "Homies" come around, he guards his territory.



Last night we went to the village for Happy Hour at Club Deportivo, the local organization of expats and seasonals,  followed by dinner at Jorge's (steamed clams again, no pearls).
 
Today I need to go back in and get some produce: Apparently it's too early in the season for Martin the Veggie Man to make his weekly trek out here. I plan to follow this with an afternoon at the beach, although there's a negative low tide (best for finding clams and shells) just AFTER dark. Probably with No-See-Ums. Get it? Dark, NoSeeUm?

Have finished 14 more felted amulet bags and a set of nested bowls, and need to photograph those. No hurry, can't mail them anyway. Have about decided to ship the whole batch to my SIL in Louisiana, and wait to list them on Etsy after they've arrived safely.

Have heard only from Fran, not much from the rest of the Buffalo Bozos except for jokes, which I won't open so don't waste your time. Actually, if you copy/paste the joke in the message space  instead of forwarding it, I'd really like to read them. I talk to my SIL and Ex regularly on Windows Live Messenger. You should download it, as I'd love to talk to you, too.

Would love news from The Family.

Manana.




2 comments:

  1. Barbie - working on my Christmas cards (yes, truly.....) what address should I use? Love you, Kitzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Again, I voice what is above, could you send me an address....
    Thinking of you, hope you had some fantastic fish and a margarita for Dad's birthday. Send my love. love love love. Jules

    ReplyDelete